Thursday, August 11, 2011

Answer To A Prayer

POET:
O thou Heavenly Muse!
Inspire me
I beseech thee
Move my pen to sing praises
Of thee and thine
Or of love
Of trees in autumn
Of birds in the sky
Of heartbreak
Of war
Of tears on pale cheeks
Of the wonders of Heav'n
Earth or Hell
Thy wisdom never faileth
Thy stories be sublime
The poetry I hath created with thy help
And thy grace hath been beautious
Sing! O Heavenly Muse! Sing!

MUSE:
Check back soon for more poem ideas.

I needed one more poem for a Creative Writing assignment. Of course, my mind had gone blank. Therefore, I went to Google for ideas. I clicked on a link that said “Poem Ideas”, needing nothing of any quality. I read through the prompts and at the very end, in the same font and size as everything else, easily mistaken as a prompt, it says “Check back soon for more poem ideas.” Thus this poem was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment